Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oh, the pressures....

...of deciding to try out this blogging thing. While part of me thinks "For real- who is going to look at this and think you have anything to say?" and the other part saying "Ummm- you told people you would do this and they might actually stop by once in a while to find....you havent posted anything for like, 47 days". SO, since I am also negligent about getting the photos off the camera and onto the computer these days, I decided I would go straight to my picture file and pick the oldest folder on my computer and post some pics to write about....even though I should be off doing literature and a letter writing lesson right now... :)

These are pictures from our first family vacation we ever took. Emma was 5, Lily was 3, and Amelia was 1...and a handful. We had a wonderful, amazing time in Missouri in spite of the fact that Mia cried through most of the 3 days we were there.

But, mostly looking back at these makes me realize how quickly the days are fleeting by. I cannot believe that this chubby little face will be a "Kindergartener" next year. It kinda makes my heart hurt, even though I absolutely love watching her grow up. I remember that dress and how they all three had worn it, how I bought it when we were out one day and needed a change of clothes and could not get home to get one for Emma, and how Lucy finally stained it and it had to be done away with. And even that hurt because I could hold it and remember each of them wearing it. I am a very visual person, so I associate a lot of my memories with what they were wearing.

I love vacations. I love the simplicity of not being bogged down by the laundry and dishes so we can just focus 100% on our family. I never want to come home. I wish Rod had a job where he never had to work. Though some of you in our drama class and co-op might get the impression that he already does. :D

I really, really need to make the time to get all of these photos printed and into books of some sort. It is sad when your first thought during a power outage is "Oh, no, my computer CANNOT get messed up because all of my memories from the last 5 years are still on there!"

SO, not much of a blog entry, since it was rather rambling and non-cohesive, but I am hearing the noise of my two year old escalate, and that darn letter-writing lesson is looming over me and really should be completed before baby's naptime is over, so....off I go. But, I will now be distracted by that need to plan a family get-away!


4 comments:

Chad and Nesli said...

I love this post, the girls are so sweet and little. Being a visual person as well, my memories of my girls are often associated with thier outfits. This explains why I have very large totes full of baby clothes and baby lulu from 11 years ago.

Micah and Sunny said...

Ahh....what little bitty sugars. I love this post too, those girls of yours are so sweet.

I'm proud of you for posting a new blog but don't feel pressure...I could just call you instead of stalking your blog:)

Love you!

Kristi said...

This is so sweet. The pictures are old but the thoughts are current and so true! Jason and I used to hate when people would say "they grow up so fastn" Not becasue we didn't believe them but because they said it so much. but now we realize it's because it kinda hurts all parents hearts to have their babies grow! Glad to be a part of watchign your babies grow.

Jennifer said...

This was right when we met you guys! So great to see these sweet pictures and no you don't need any crafty thing to say all the time just be you! That is why I am one of your blog stockers!