Sunday, February 8, 2009

When will I learn...

...that a two year old should just absolutely, postively never never never be left alone? And this little girl is about as "two" as a kid can get. She has nail polished my bedroom carpet, tatooed her entire self with marker, lipsticked my marble vanity in my bathroom...you get the picture. And yet, sometimes I still step away and leave her unattended. For instance, one night this week, I was thoughtless enough to have to walk a dirty towel into the laundry room and think I could leave her in the kitchen for, oh--let's say 90 seconds. She managed to locate the HUGE bag of chocolate chips in the kitchen island, get onto the island, get them down and empty the entire contents onto the floor. Not a little bag, friends. I buy the BIG bag- I use it little by little in pancakes, muffins, etc. It should last a LONG TIME. This one had been used for one batch of pancakes so it was basically new.

So, after firmly telling her "no, that was not nice" I then went on to using the oh-so-uneffective parenting tool of absoltely confusing her by saying "now stay there and don't move while mommy gets the camera" and proceeded to make a photo shoot out of it (there are, in fact, many more pictures in this series). So, I am sure all the cute faces and smiles completely negated my "no-that-was-not-nice".

I let she and Mia each eat a few, as the mood was much lighter after the picture taking (I really was initially annoyed- those big bags cost, like, $5). Then, I swept the rest of them up to be tossed.

After all, their only two once!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

OK - I have done the same exact thing with Madison and a bottle of Hershey syrup and Ally and box of CoCo Pebbles. The sacrifices we make for our pictures!

Chad and Nesli said...

Lucy and Lil Bit have so much in common, it's exhausting I know, but man they sure are adorable.

The Wehr's said...

I love her hands on her cute little cheeks, as if to say she made a big mistake. I can't even name the number of huge messes that Mallory makes DAILY! She thinks school time means "time for Mallory to destroy". Usually I have to go in the other room to get the laughter out. They are so darn cute!

Jennifer said...

She is so yummy like the chocolate chips!

Micah and Sunny said...

Oh, so glad to know that I am not the only one grabbing the camera in times of insanity and craziness.

Little Lucy sounds just like Creed at age 2, well, and at age 6 as a matter of fact...oops, I guess that gives you a lot of hope for the future for fun times like this!